NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Applications for the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) are now open. Funds are limited and all eligible tenants or small landlords should apply as soon as possible.
Households approved for ERAP may receive:
- Up to 12 months of rental arrears payments for rents accrued on or after March 13, 2020.
- Up to 3 months of additional rental assistance if the household is expected to spend 30 percent or more of their gross monthly income to pay for rent.
- Up to 12 months of electric or gas utility arrears payments for arrears that have accrued on or after March 13, 2020.
To find out if you’re eligible and to submit an application, please visit www.otda.ny.gov/erap.
The following Queens nonprofits are offering assistance with the application process:
- Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc – 718-939-6137
- RiseBoro Community Partnership – 718-547-2800
- Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services (CCNS) – 718-722-6001
Contact Nancy & David Legaz of the Legaz Team at Keller Williams Realty Landmark, 718-475-2800 for your real estate needs or visit www.LegazTeam.com